Quick Question Drop-In
Quick-Question Drop-In is an opportunity to speak with a professional Academic Advisor about current semester issues and/or questions that are quick in nature, usually no more than 10 minutes. No appointment is necessary. Quick Question Drop-In Advising is available for all students Monday-Friday, 2:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m. from the last day of the Drop/Add period through the end of each Fall/Spring semester.
Questions that necessitate an in-depth discussion will require a scheduled appointment. Students assigned to the Academic Advising and Planning Center can make an appointment with their assigned advisor through Appointment Manager located on the Academic Services tab of MyCharleston or by calling the office at 843-953-5981. Students not assigned to our office should schedule an appointment with their faculty advisor in their academic department. Please see examples below of appropriate questions for each circumstance.
Quick Question Drop-In Examples
- Interpreting Degree Works
- Withdrawing from a course
- Adding an Express I/II course or summer course
- Declaring or Undeclaring a Major/Minor
- Campus Resources
- How transfer credit meets CofC requirements
Make an Appointment Examples
- Future semester planning
- Four year planning
- Completing forms for ROTC, SAPA etc.
- Changing your Major
- Recommendation Letters
- Common Application Questions
- Academic Advising and Planning Center Hold
Quick Question Drop-In Advising Expectations
- Drop In Advising is first come, first served
- Students can check in between 1:45 p.m. and 3:45 p.m. in the Academic Advising and Planning Center
- Appointments are not guaranteed
- Students should be prepared to wait to be seen or return another day
- Advising holds will not be released during the Quick-Question Drop-In