Make informed decisions...
- One Stop Answers for Common Student Requests
Go to this page for answers to common questions, such as when you can register for classes, declining transfer credit, transfer equivalency, declining AP/IB credit, and more.
- How do I Schedule an Advising Appointment?
Appointments with your assigned advisor in the Academic Advising and Planning Center are scheduled online with Appointment Manager. Logon through the Appointment Manager link or from the Appointment Manager channel on the Academic Services tab in MyCharleston. You will receive an appointment confirmation email when the scheduling process is complete. If you are unable to schedule an advising appointment online, you can call the Academic Advising and Planning Center office telephone number: 843.953.5981. If you want to schedule an advising appointment with your Faculty Advisor, you should contact them directly. You should be able to find their email, phone number, and office location on the department's web page.
- What is a Mandatory Advising hold?
A Mandatory Advising hold from the Academic Advising and Planning Center (AAPC) prevents you from registering for classes until you meet with your assigned academic advisor in the AAPC. All new first year students are required to attend academic advising during their first and second semesters at the College of Charleston. If a student's declared major department requires advising, then the student must meet with their faculty advisor. If the student is undeclared or their declared major department does not require academic advising, then the student must meet with their assigned academic advisor in the AAPC. New transfer students must meet with their assigned advisor in the AAPC only if they have not yet declared an academic major. Please note that your AAPC advisor cannot remove advising holds placed by academic departments.
- What is a Missing Major Declaration hold?
A Missing Major Declaration hold prevents you from registering for classes until you declare a major or meet with your academic advisor in the Academic Advising and Planning Center (AAPC). For details, visit the Declaring Your Major page.
- How do I Declare my Major?
The Program of Study Management (POSM) system is an electronic workflow that allows students to manage their degree programs online in MyCharleston. Visit POSM for more information on how to use this system. Visit the AAPC's Declaring Your Major page for details about major declaration policy and major declaration deadlines.
- Academic Calendars
- Academic Catalog System
- Academic Programs
- Degree Works
- First-Year Experience (FYE)
- General Education Requirements
- GPA Calculators
- Major Roadmaps
- Math Placement Information
- Registration Entry Times
- Relating Majors to Careers/What Can I Do With This Major?
- Transfer Credit
- Absence Memos
- Career Center
- Center for Civic Engagement
- Center for Disability Services (SNAP)
- Center for International Education (Study Abroad)
- Center for Student Learning
- Counseling and Substance Abuse Services
- Financial Assistance and Veterans Affairs (Financial Aid)
- Health Professions Advising
- IT Help Desk
- Majors Fair
- Multicultural Student Programs and Services
- New Student Programs
- Pre-Law Advising
- Student Affairs
- Undergraduate Academic Services
- Veteran and Military Student Services
- Victim Services